It's almost Valentine's Day! What? Halfway through February, crazy! Time really does fly when you are having fun!
2017 was the year of lots and lots of content being thrown at us from every direction! Large amounts of content are being shared at a ridiculous rate and it has left users overwhelmed and looking for a more personal experience!! Social Media platforms like Facebook and Instagram know this and are now changing the game to give their users a better experience. Social media platforms know that the only way to make money is to keep the user happy on their platform. With so many new products and platforms at our fingertips it's too easy for people move on so the game is changing!
How we have used social media in the past will be different moving forward and we know that social media dies once it stops moving forward. As the User evolves so must the platform meaning that there WILL be changes to the algorithms. As scary as change can be I want to help you embrace the change, evolve and move forward with these social media platforms to grow your business!! We have to adapt to stay relevant!!
What this ultimately means is that to keep your audience happy on social media you need to give them more of what they want!! In 2017, curated viral content was really big. It was sort of as though the more content you shared the better. There was less focus on the quality of the content. Now I am not saying that you should stop sharing curated content that your audience would love but I am saying that if your audience won't love it DON'T SHARE IT!! Give your following the content that makes them stop scrolling. Content is and always will be KING...as long as it's the right content!
How to be successful at social media in 2018.
1. Take risks! How do you know if something works? Try it! Do not be afraid to test out different types, topics and styles of content. If it doesn't perform change it up. Give your followers exactly what they want.
2.Do your research. See what your competitors and industry influencers are doing then try it on your page. Take your own content and spin it the way the major players do. Don't copy and paste but do try out study their strategy and mimic it in your page. It has to have your own personal fare though because it feels at all inauthentic or scripted people will keep scrolling.
3. It's all in the presentation. Find your style and figure out what makes your audience react.
If your followers prefer short quotes to long posts then do that. If they react to your video vs your captions then put out more video. The way the content is presented is as important as the topic of the content.
3. Be consistent. Your followers will come to expect a certain amount and style of content. If you are not present and on your social media you will be looked over. There is so much being thrown at users on social media that if you stop or are inconsistent in your posting you will be forgotten. Things happen very fast on social media so if you are not consistent, relevant and present your following will fade away.
4. Know your audience. You should know everything about your ideal client from their household income to their internet habits to their interests and hobbies. The better you know who you are targeting the better content you will be able to create and share for them.
5. Be genuine. If you speak at your audience you will lose them. People are on social media to be social and find that community. Create that space for your ideal client and you will have a loyal, engaged following.
For more Tips and Tricks check out the my other blog posts!
Stoppler Virtual CommunicationsSchedule Appointment
My name is Melanie Stoppler and I am a mompreneur! I am passionate about many things in my life including being a wife, mother, coffee connoisseur, wine lover & a social media marketing strategist.